Thursday, August 20, 2015

¡Dígame que no es verdad!

I just came across this article while verifying the most updated changes before I post my 50 Minute Lesson Plan with fun activities for learning the Spanish alphabet!  Confession:  I am one of those Spanish teachers that LOVED teaching the alphabet with the marching song by Barbara MacArthur as was made famous on the "Sing, Dance, Laugh, and Eat Tacos 2!" CD.  It was so fun and catchy. However, if you abide by the grammar rules of the Spanish Royal Academy the letters "CH," "LL," and "RR" have been removed.  I had already reconciled myself to this fact, still in search of a song that I will enjoy as much as the cadence by Barbara MacArthur; but now I have learned that they have changed the official names for the letters "Y" and "V."  As a language teacher, what can be more fun than teaching the secret to the name "i griega?"  Did you know you are really calling it the "greek letter 'i'?"  I still managed to keep 50 minutes of fun in my lesson plan, so look for that coming soon...





No comments:

Post a Comment